I have had a lot of increase in traffic to this little corner of the world, so I just wanted to welcome anyone new who pops over here – hi!
It is windy and raining and moody outside, we are done with fall sports for the older kids, and it feels like a time to get quiet and be inspired. I am waiting to hear back from editors on my novel – fingers perpetually crossed – and I am distracting myself by writing my next one. Such a fun process and I am learning a lot from this book above.
Here are some things I found around the web that are inspiring me right now.
1. Life in Grace blog: This southern lady is so amazing – she loves books and food as much as I do. I think I ordered every book on her reading list too.
3. I discovered this creative momma food blogger/photographer the SAME week she decided to quit blogging. Like rock stars that die young it has made her stand out in my thoughts. And her photog tutorials are such a gift to anyone who wants to learn more.
4. I will never be as crafty as this momma but Emily is really talented and worth checking out at Jones Design Co.
5. Really obsessed with making deconstructed apple pie. Here is one recipe I may be tweaking.
6. How have I only just discovered the Avett Brothers? I had heard their song ‘Brooklyn, Brooklyn take me in’ which is really called ‘I and Love and You’. But their lyrics are so poetic and they fall in a category like The National and Radical Face of this slower, smart, haunting music. Love.
7. This coat at JCrew Factory. I just got it on sale and it is the exact coat I had when I went abroad to London the second semester of my junior year in college and is bringing back lots of memories. I visited Paris, Dublin, Shakespeare’s home town, not to mention wandered around Boston in my college winters, in this coat. Free spirited college days always bring back loads of inspiration to draw from. Tell me I am not just stuck in the past and you feel the same, please.
8. Also love these flower T shirts at JCrew, so pretty.
9. It is almost ski season….just got our tickets to the new Warren Miller ski movie. Cannot wait to ski.
10. Chicken Tortilla Soup. Yum.
11. I am loving this jewelry by Gorjana. Christmas wish list for sure.
12. I am doing a cleanse with Arbonne that is like Whole30 + supplements. I feel amazing! And will probably feature some pale0/whole30 recipes in the coming weeks. But Kale Chips and Roasted Chickpeas are favorites I will be making long after the cleanse is over. (But I do miss cheese. For sure.)
What inspires you? I would love to hear it.