Well, it’s official.
The babies like mushrooms. And a garlic cream sauce on their food.
My husband doesn’t love mushrooms but I do, and it’s always interesting to see if any of the kids share his aversion. So far its mushroom lovers 6: haters 2.
I actually forget to make dinner with mushrooms because he doesn’t like them (and rely on Trader Joe’s Mushroom Medley in my freezer for goat cheese and mushroom omelets).
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce:
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- In large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce add the butter and melt. Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. Add the chicken and ,mushrooms back to the sauce and serve over pasta is desired.
Recipe from The Recipe Critic and can be found on the web here.